Asbestos & Lead Paint

Let MDS Environmental Sheffield Services, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, free your property from environmental hazards with asbestos and lead-based paint removal. Our state-certified and licensed technicians are experts at environmental testing and removal of dangerous substances.

Contact us today to request a phone call about residential or commercial services when dealing with mold, lead, or asbestos.

What is Asbestos?

Asbestos is the name given to a number of naturally occurring, fibrous, silicate minerals mined for their useful properties, such as thermal insulation, chemical and thermal stability, and high tensile strength. Asbestos commonly is used as an acoustic insulator, thermal insulation, fire-proofing material, and building material.

Many products in use today contain asbestos. Asbestos is made up of microscopic bundles of fibers that may become airborne when these materials are damaged. When these fibers get into the air, they may be inhaled, thus can causing significant health problems.

The Facts About Lead

• Lead exposure can harm young children and babies even before they are born.
• Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies.
• You can get lead in your body by breathing or swallowing lead dust, or by eating soil or paint 
chips containing lead.
• You have many options for reducing lead hazards. In most cases, lead-based paint that is in good 
condition is not a hazard.
• Removing lead-based paint improperly can increase the danger to your family.

Seeking Relief from Lead

If you think your home might have lead-based paint, call MDS Environmental Sheffield Services for environmental testing. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff can help you.